Pages

Thursday 12 January 2012

My sis rocks!

My sis Jess and me - she's the giant!
I’ll start today by bragging a bit about my little sister, of whom I am very, very proud.  She is currently in her last term studying live event technology at university and has just found out that she has got a place working at the International Broadcast Centre at the London Olympics.  Not a bad start given that she will have barely graduated, we are really excited for her.  This also means that, for a while at least, she will be back in the South East being Auntie Jess.  I can’t wait!

In preparation for the baby arriving, I have an absolute boatload of sewing projects I want to start.  Here is a big pile of fabric bits I got through the post from Fabric Rehab last week:
A free cat with every bundle!
Some of the bits are going to be a quilted play mat, some will be little project bags for me and some will form the backing for a fleece blankie.  I’m really excited to get started.  These should be quick little projects and I do like a bit of instant gratification, plus I get to feel like I am really starting to get things together for the baby.

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

*sigh* Someday, I'm going to have to learn how to sew...I mean, I can hand-sew but it takes forever and I'm not fully equipped to do it. I need a proper sewing machine.

I take it that based on all the pink, you're having a girl?